Final Fantasy Explorers Details Finally Surface
Information on the action RPG detailing jobs, connectivity, and more!
06.19.14 - 2:24 AM
With the launch of the official website here and a recent article in Famitsu magazine, details regarding Final Fantasy Explorers have been abundant lately.
Developed by Square Enix for the Nintendo 3DS, this action RPG is already set to include 100-200 hours of gameplay. Below we've listed some of the exciting new details that the title will contain:
- In addition to the previously listed Knight, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage jobs, Final Fantasy Explorers will also include Dragoon, Paladin, Thief, Ninja, Red Mage, Time Mage, and Bard.
- Characters are fully customizable. This includes weapons, armor, and even accessories.
- Job specific skills and abilities will be available on alternative jobs. However, the cost for those abilities will depend on the job you are at the time. The example given is that Black Mages will have mana costs on Black Mage-specific skills halved.
- When not in a full party of four people, players will have the option to capture and train monsters within the game to use as additional party members.
- Players will have the option to party with friends both locally and online.
- The title will have much in common with previous Final Fantasy MMOs Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV. It includes a damage log as well as an emphasis on positional awareness. For example, some abilities will be more effective when attacking from a certain position (behind the monster, beside the monster, etc).
- While the title is set on an island that will encompass multiple environments, Square Enix has stated that the actual main body of content is unlocked after the initial story has been completed.
Final Fantasy Explorers is still in development for the Nintendo 3DS. Be sure to check out our gallery, linked below, for pictures of the original starting jobs, screenshots, some game artwork, and some in-game environments to look forward to!