|The Surge Gets Free New DLC Pack, Available NowCheck out some juicy screenshots.04.26.18 - 9:35 PM
Deck 13's science fiction-themed Souls-like The Surge has received a free DLC pack, entitled the Cutting Edge Pack. This downloadable content adds three new armor sets, three new weapons, and 3 additional jumpsuits. These aren't just handed to you, however: you're going to have to fight six brand-new enemies that have been added to the Abandoned Production, the Executive Forum, and Nucleus areas to nab this sweet gear.
- The ANGEL was originally designed for operation in the harsh vacuum of space, some of the most inhospitable conditions known to man, and bestows faster attack speeds, better energy gain, and harder impacts on CODENAME weapons.
- The ASCLEPIUS was meant to assist army veterans in gaining a new lease on life, but its regenerative powers will work well enough for you too.
- The NANO WARD gear uses bleeding edge technology to give your blocks some serious explosive power – if you can time them right.
- The Experiment 44H, known as the Dark Star, never saw full production due to the madness of its creator, leading to him to sabotage the whole project before more than one prototype could be made. Its unique containment field will wreak havoc on enemies.
- The Engelhart is a boost tool that uses state-of-the-art technology to become searing hot anytime, anywhere. As potentially dangerous to the wielder as their enemies, it requires skill and practice to use effectively.
- The BioN J-1, codenamed Last Aid, is quite literally a surgical tool, originally designed for use in medical hospitals. After an unfortunate incident with a rogue doctor, it became known as a tool of carnage.
The Surge is currently available for PS4, XB1, and PC. Check out our updated gallery for more screenshots of the new Cutting Edge Pack, and be sure to read our review of the game as well.